Infiniti plans rebranding and new design

The push will focus on the upcoming launch of the redesigned QX80 large SUV, which boasts significant luxury upgrades to assert its role as the flagship of Nissan Motor Co’s premium brand.

The campaign is part of a three-phase corporate transformation that Nissan Motor Co. CEO Makoto Uchida tasked Kargar with undertaking when Kargar was named Infiniti’s global brand boss in June 2020.

The first stage focused on recovery and stabilization and ended in March with record profitability for the Infiniti business globally, Kargar said. Infiniti has now entered phase two, which focuses on brand renewal and expansion. The project will continue until March 31, 2026.

Kargar, who so far has not spoken publicly about his three-step business plan, said the rebranding will kick-start steady growth for Infiniti after two years of significant sales contraction.

It will also pave the way for electrification and possibly entry into new segments.

“We have a healthy base today and we’re ready for more growth, Kargar said. Automotive News. “We will grow from this year, and year after year.”

Kargar declined to discuss his sales targets, saying only that he wanted stable and sustainable growth. The pursuit of volume, he said, is what initially caused Infiniti problems with a depleted product line and plummeting sales.

The brand was then strangled by the COVID-19 outbreak and the global shortage of semiconductors.

Its global sales fell 55% to 84,830 vehicles last year, from 188,990 in 2019 before the pandemic. Sales in the United States, the bulk of the total volume, fell by half to 58,553 vehicles during this period.

“There is a need to be consistent and sustainable going forward,” the president said.

Comments are closed.